Application Deadline: March 30, 2018
Award Amount: UP TO $5,000 per academic year annually for tuition, books and supplies, does not cover room and board
Eligibility, all applicants must be:
- A US citizen or a legal and permanent resident of the US
- Diagnosed with rheumatic disease and have Physician’s Certifying Statement completed and submitted. Statement must be completed by the applicant’s Rheumatologist, DO, or Nurse Practitioner
- Classified as an undergraduate, graduate, or medical student at a college or University in the United States for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Enrolled full-time each semester and have completed the full-time units to reapply for the next academic year
- Involved with the Arthritis Foundation as an advocate, fundraiser, participant, volunteer, and/or supporter
Also, all applicants:
- Must currently have and maintain a minimum 2.5 grade point average over the course of the scholarship year (2018 Fall – 2019 Spring)
- If awarded, must be involved publicly with the Winterhoff Arthritis Scholarship and remain active in events or programs with the Arthritis Foundation
Email unofficial copy of transcripts and complete Physician Certifying Statement to Jennifer Ziegler at email@example.com
- ONLINE APPLICATION
- ONLINE RELEASE STATEMENT
- ONLINE ESSAY SECTION
Submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- PHYSICIAN CERTIFYING STATEMENT
- COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
Current High School Seniors: If you are awaiting decision on college acceptance, please include college or University information for your top choice school.
If you do not provide all documentation listed above, your application will not be considered for the Winterhoff Arthritis Scholarship. Send all completed documents to email@example.com
There are no guarantees that this scholarship program will be available in subsequent academic years, or that a given recipient will receive the award in subsequent academic years.
No member of Arthritis Foundation Staff, National Board of Directors, or Winterhoff Scholarship Committee, or his or her immediate family, shall be eligible for a scholarship award.