School districts are required to provide a range of educational support services to help students with JA and other childhood rheumatic diseases make meaningful progress. Understanding your child’s rights and the school’s responsibilities will help you be a powerful advocate for your child. Get the facts and advocacy tips from attorney-at-law Heidi Konkler-Goldsmith, a partner with McAndrews Law Offices, a firm that has been providing legal services in special education and disability law for more than 30 years.
You’ll learn about:
- The laws that protect students with disabilities
- The obligations of the school vs what’s at the school’s discretion
- 504 and IEP plans and what’s best for your child
- Practical approaches to conflict resolution and mediation
- Your rights and how to protect your child in matters related to bullying
Listen to a recording of the Webinar here!
If you have any questions about the webinar, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And don't miss out on our Emotional Challenges Webinar in November. Read more.