Whether your child has had a 504 plan for years, or you’re brand new to the process, ensuring your child has access to the right accommodations can be tough. This webinar will explore the common challenges you may face with the preparation and implementation of your child’s 504 plan, as well as offer solutions to address those concerns. You’ll also learn how to make changes to your child’s current plan, what to do if your child moves schools, and how to better advocate for your child so she gets the accommodations she needs to succeed.
- Understand how legal protections for students with disabilities vary for private and public schools
- Discover the role of a 504 coordinator and how he/she can help during a dispute
- Get tips on how to better communicate with your child’s school during a
- Learn what to do if you child’s school or teacher refuses to provide accommodations outlined in your child’s 504 plan or the ones recommended by your child’s doctor
- Learn how accommodations may differ depending on grade level, and how to account for those changes in your child’s 504 plan
Presenter: Cheval Bryant, MCD, CCC-SLP; Senior Manager, Speech-Language Services, Section 504 Coordinator, Houston Independent School District
This information was provided during a webinar on August 23, 2017. View or download a PDF of the PPT presentation.
If you have questions about the webinar, please send an email to email@example.com.